July 5 - August 1
GW Campus Recreation is holding a Run/Walk Challenge to help encourage all GW students, faculty, and staff to stay active during the summer. The challenge is for walkers, runners, joggers, and everyone in between! The challenge will begin on July 5th and end on August 1st. All participants will be entered into a raffle for prizes.
There will be a kick-off event on Monday, July 5th at 6pm EST for participants to connect, learn about the challenge, and build some habits for the month. The kick-off event will end with a raffle. There will be a concluding event on Thursday, July 29th at 6pm EST for participants to reflect on the month and brainstorm how to integrate their habits into life-long routines.
You will be added to the calendar invites following registration.
To join, follow these steps:
- Download the Nike Run Club App and join.
- Under “Club” (second icon from the right on the bottom of your screen), request to be friends with “GW Campus Recreation”. Click on the icon of the silhouette of the person with the plus sign in the upper right corner of the screen. Search for “GW Campus Recreation” and add us!
- Fill out this google form to be added to the four distances: 25 miles, 50 miles, 75 miles, 100 miles. You will be added to all four in the Nike Run Club App and can choose there which one(s) you would like to participate in.
- To view the distances, go to “Club” in the app and find your invite from the GW Campus Recreation Run/Walk Challenge. It will be listed under “Invitations”.
- Start your challenge on July 5th by tracking your runs or walks in the app! Make sure you are using the Nike Run Club app, otherwise they will not be tracked! If you come across any problems, email [email protected].
GW Campus Recreation is here to support you in your endeavors and our team is looking forward to joining the challenge with you all!
- The Nike Run Club App customer service is often the best place to get help on run uploads and any bugs. Unfortunately, we don't have access to the back end of the app to help you.
- For most states and localities, social distancing guidelines are still in place. Check your locality's COVID-19 orders to make sure you know the most up-to-date information.