Helpful Tips

Understanding Your Payment Options

All memberships can be paid for using cash, personal check or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover), and monthly payment plans using a credit card are available.  Additionally, all 'benefits-eligible' faculty and staff of the university and GW Hospital (UHS) can opt to have payroll deductions taken on a bi-weekly or monthly basis.  If you opt to use payroll deductions, please verify your eligibility with the your Payroll Services Department.  Contact Payroll Services for the University by calling 571-553-4277.  Hospital employees can call 202-715-4000.

Once you sign up for payroll deduction, you will never have to renew.  Membership rates are subject to increase periodically.  When you use payroll deduction to pay for a Campus Recreation Membership, you are purchasing a continuous right to use the Lerner Health and Wellness Center (LHWC).  Your membership lasts as long as you remain a university employee (or you decide to cancel).  

Refunds are not given for membership fees already paid.